1 Explore the website and make contact with the School
Contact the Registrar who will be happy to answer any queries that you may have about the School and who will also be able to discuss all areas of the process with you.
Phone +44 (0)1509 638280
2 Visit our School
We offer the following opportunities to visit:
- Personal tours of the School are available on school days by appointment. Come along and meet with a member of the Leadership team and see the School at work.
- We are delighted to be able to offer parents the opportunity to hear about Loughborough Amherst School with a virtual 1:1 meeting. Please click here to register your interest.
- Individual Taster Days are available throughout the year, at a time convenient to you. Please contact our Registrar in order to arrange this. Please click here to register your interest.
3 Register for the Entrance Assessment
- Post the Registration Form which you will find in the back of the Further Information booklet of the printed Prospectus.
Scholarships and School Assisted Places
In addition, for Years 7, 9 and 12, you may wish to apply for:
- Music Scholarships – this can be applied for by notifying us in the section on the Registration Form. Please submit this form by the start of the Spring Term.
- School Assisted Places (SAP) – Please indicate if you wish to apply for a SAP on the Registration Form. Please submit the Form by the end of the Autumn Term.
4 Dates of Entrance Assessments
Our next Entrance Assessment will be held on Saturday 23 January 2021 for Years 7-10. However, we do assess children for Entrance throughout the year, subject to places being available.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above information and dates, please contact our Registrar.
Offers for entry to Years 7-10 are sent out within two weeks of your son or daughter sitting their Entrance Assessment.
6 Acceptance of an offer
We request that acceptance of offers are made by the date specified in the offer letter.
Information on our Cancellation Policy can be found HERE
7 Induction programme
During the Summer Term prior to admission your son/daughter will be invited to attend an Induction Day. Pupils meet their Form Teacher and fellow Year Group and take the opportunity to familiarise themselves with School life. At the end of the induction day parents are invited in to meet each other and key members of staff.