1 Explore the website and make contact with the School
Contact the Registrar who will be happy to answer any queries that you may have about the School and who will be able to discuss all areas of the process with you
Phone: +44 (0)1509 638280
2 Visit our School
We offer the following opportunities to visit:
- Available on school days by appointment. Come along and meet with a member of the Leadership Team and see the School at work.
- We are delighted to be able to offer parents the opportunity to hear about Loughborough Amherst School with a virtual 1:1 meeting. Please click here to register your interest.
- Individual Taster Days are available for current Year 11 pupils and these can be arranged with our Registrar throughout the year at a time that is convenient to you
3 Apply to be considered for a place
- Alternatively download a Registration Form for completion offline
- If you are applying for Sixth Form and would like a paper form, please request one from the Admissions department.
In addition, you may wish to apply for:
A small number of significant School Assisted Places are available of up to 50% of fees (larger bursaries may be available, dependent on exceptional performance at GCSE). These are dependent upon performance in the GCSE examinations, parental income and a meeting at the School. Please indicate if you wish to apply for a SAP on the Registration Form
4 Submission of applications
There is no deadline for submitting an application however there is more flexibility regarding subject combinations for those applying before December.
Music Scholarships – January
School Assisted Places – the end of the Autumn term.
5 Year 12 (Sixth Form) Entry Requirements
Entry into the Sixth Form is dependent upon ability and attitude, together with a minimum of five GCSE passes at Grade 4, or higher, a Headteacher’s report and personal interview. Some subjects may require higher grades for entry to A level.
For entry to Year 12, provisional offers are made which are confirmed on GCSE results day.
7 Acceptance of an offer
When the provisional offer is made, you will be asked to confirm the subjects which your son or daughter wishes to study and to sign the parent contract.
You will be asked to contact us on GCSE results day to notify us of the grades your son or daughter has achieved and, provided they have met the requirements specified in your offer letter, the provisional offer will be confirmed straight way. Should they not meet the entry requirements, it may be possible to offer courses in alternative subjects and we would be happy to discuss the possibilities with you.
8 Induction programme
Induction for all new pupils is held on the first day of the Autumn Term.