Our Mission Statement
- We are a Catholic School.
- We welcome everyone and we respect everyone for who they are.
- We work together to become clever, kind and brave.
- We are one family, and everyone is known and loved.
- When we leave, we will go into the world and make it a better place
Recognised as ‘excellent’ in all categories by The Independent Schools Inspectorate, our role is to ensure your child leaves school with confidence, compassion and ambition. Not empty, materialistic ambition, but rather the ambition to use the talents and knowledge they harvest to fulfil their own potential and to help make the world a better place.
To achieve that we commit to:
- A challenging knowledge-rich curriculum that sets high expectations for all learners
- A genuinely personal service to every family and individual understanding of each pupil in our care. Our class sizes are small and our overall teacher to pupil ratio is an incredible 1 to 7.6
- The Minerva philosophy – this approach to learning is part of every aspect of School life, and is designed with one aim: to help young people prepare for a competitive world while remaining happy, healthy, balanced and kind. You can read more about Minerva here.
- A rich and diverse extra-curricular programme, particularly in the fields of sport and music, that is enhanced by our membership of the Loughborough Schools Foundation
- A flexible curriculum and the ability to cater for a range of abilities that more selective schools, or larger non-selective schools, cannot always match
At Loughborough Amherst School we are proud of being a Catholic School but we do not seek to impose any doctrinal beliefs on any member of our community. The School contains Anglicans, Methodists, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists, as well as pupils whose home life is entirely secular. We welcome all those who embrace the virtues of hard work, humility, compassion, service and respect for others.
"Everyone is known and valued for who they are."