1 Explore the website and make contact with the School
Phone: +44 (0)1509 212348
2 Visit our School
We offer the following opportunities to visit:
- Open Morning is held in the Autumn Term – open to all from 09:00 until 13:00
Individual Taster Days are available for current Year 11 pupils and these can be arranged with our Registrar throughout the year at a time that is convenient to you
- Available on school days by appointment. Come along and meet with the Registrar and a member of the Leadership Team.
3 Apply to be considered for a place
- Download a Registration Form for completion offline
- If you are applying for Sixth Form and would like a paper form, please request one from the Registrar.
In addition, you may wish to apply for:
- Music Scholarship – This can be applied for by notifying us in the section on the Registration Form.
- Sir Thomas White Trust Scholarship – For strong academic students joining Loughborough High School from a state school.
- School Assisted Place (SAP) – Please indicate if you wish to apply for a SAP on the Registration Form.
4 Submission of applications
There is no deadline for submitting an application however there is more flexibility regarding subject combinations for those accepting provisional offers before February.
- Music Scholarships – January
- School Assisted Places – the end of the Autumn term.
5 Assessment for entry in September 2020
Interviews for entry to Year 12 are held in November/December and March
Year 12 (Sixth Form) Entry Requirements
Following a successful interview, a provisional offer of a place will be made which is dependent on:
- the receipt of a satisfactory reference from your daughter’s current school
- the achievement of good GCSE results.
Typically, we require at least a grade 7 in the subjects to be continued and grade 6 or better in at least five subjects which should include Maths, English and a Science (regardless of the subjects to be taken at A level).
In practice this can mean that you would need more than five GCSEs at grade 6 or above.
To study History, Geography, French and Biology, a grade 7 or higher is required in these four subjects plus at least a grade 6 in Maths and English.
To take Psychology, English, Maths and History, a grade 7 or higher is required in History, English and Maths and at least a grade 6 in two other subjects including a Science.
However, each application is considered individually and offers made accordingly.
For entry to Year 12, provisional offers are made which are confirmed on GCSE results day.
7 Acceptance of an Offer
When the provisional offer is made, you will be asked to confirm the subjects which your daughter wishes to study and to sign the parent contract.
You will be asked to contact us on GCSE results day to notify us of the grades your daughter has achieved and, provided she has met the requirements specified in your offer letter, the provisional offer will be confirmed straightaway. Should she not meet the entry requirements, it may be possible to offer courses in alternative subjects and we would be happy to discuss the possibilities with you.
8 Induction Programme
An induction day for those holding provisional offers is held in July.