1 Explore the website and make contact with the School
Phone: +44 (0)1509 212348
2 Visit our School
We offer the following opportunities to visit:
- Available on school days by appointment. Come along and meet with the Registrar and a member of the Leadership Team.
- We are delighted to be able to offer parents the opportunity to hear about Loughborough High School with a virtual 1:1 meeting. Please click here to register your interest.
Taster Days are available throughout the year, please get in touch with our Registrar email@example.com
Our next School Open Day will be held on Thursday 24 June 2021, 09:30 to 12:00. Appointments are necessary and please click here to complete an online enquiry form or contact our Registrar, Alison Anderson, on 01509 283800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Apply to be considered for a place
- If you are applying for Sixth Form and would like a paper form, please request one from the Registrar.
In addition, you may wish to apply for:
- Music Scholarship – This can be applied for by notifying us in the section on the Registration Form.
- Sir Thomas White Trust Scholarship – For strong academic students joining Loughborough High School from a state school.
- School Assisted Place (SAP) – A small number of significant School Assisted Places are available of up to 50% of fees (larger bursaries may be available, dependent on exceptional performance at GCSE). These are dependent upon performance in the GCSE examinations, parental income and a meeting at the School. Please indicate if you wish to apply for a SAP on the Registration Form.
4 Submission of applications
There is no deadline for submitting an application however there is more flexibility regarding subject combinations for those accepting provisional offers before February.
- Music Scholarships – January
- School Assisted Places – the end of the Autumn term.
5 Assessment for entry in September 2021
Interviews for entry to Year 12 are held throughout the year but please note the Scholarship and School Assisted Place deadlines above.
Year 12 (Sixth Form) Entry Requirements
Following a successful interview, a provisional offer of a place will be made which is dependent on:
- the receipt of a satisfactory reference from your daughter’s current school
- a sound performance in GCSE; we expect students to gain at least five grade 6s overall which should include Maths, English and a Science (regardless of the subjects to be taken at A Level). Typically, we require at least a grade 7 in subjects to be continued although this is higher in some subjects. Individual entry requirements for each subject can be found in the Options Booklet.
However, each application is considered individually and offers made accordingly.
For entry to Year 12, provisional offers are made which are confirmed on GCSE results day.
7 Acceptance of an Offer
When the provisional offer is made, you will be asked to confirm the subjects which your daughter wishes to study and to sign the parent contract.
You will be asked to contact us on GCSE results day to notify us of the grades your daughter has achieved and, provided she has met the requirements specified in your offer letter, the provisional offer will be confirmed straightaway. Should she not meet the entry requirements, it may be possible to offer courses in alternative subjects and we would be happy to discuss the possibilities with you.
8 Induction Programme
An induction day for those holding provisional offers is held in July.