The pedagogy of remote learning technology is well bedded and has enabled us to adapt quickly to our new world. We are well placed to continue offering a high-quality learning experience to all students. We are also clear that a blended and varied learning diet is important if working remotely, much like a boy would receive on the school site.
Our teacher-led activities included:
- Live streaming of lessons like a normal class
- Recorded snippets of lesson content and material
- Live blog work that allows all to have a say
- Online quizzes and assessment activities
- Guided and scaffolded learning activities for boys to work through at their appropriate learning pace
- Kahoots and other such electronic assessment opportunities
In turn, the boys participated in regular learning activities, such as:
- Reading and preparing content ahead of a lesson
- Taking notes and generating the materials necessary for learning and content acquisition
- Answering questions or assessment activities
- Preparing revision materials
- Independent research opportunities
- Recap opportunities available through podcasts, revision videos and so on
We aimed for a good blend of both teaching and learning, as we would have on the School site, to provide a rounded and varied educational experience.
We also have over 75 ‘virtual clubs’ running. They are ranging from doing an Ironman Triathlon to ‘The Couch to 5k’. Also included are; Train your dog; bake-off/MasterChef competitions; virtual tours around world landmarks; and a Share Trading competition. Lots of fun for everyone!