Academic achievement is at the heart of everything we do, and we make no apology for expecting our boys to do well. High expectations and a culture of praise are, we believe, central to the success of pupils.
These aims are achieved by fostering academic rigour, independent study and a love of learning for its own sake, both inside and outside the classroom. Complemented by hugely varied extra-curricular activities we enable boys to feel fulfilled and to develop character, resilience and teamwork.
Our pupils flourish by becoming:
- Intellectually curious, lifelong learners with the confidence to be innovative and try new things
- Healthy young men with a sense of perspective, whose emotional wellbeing is assured through the development of their self-esteem
- Independently-minded young adults who demonstrate good judgement in their decisions and integrity in their relationships with others
- Engaged citizens with a healthy respect for others and their differences
- Self-disciplined, adaptable leaders and team players who embrace change and who always treat others as they would want to be treated themselves.
"Visitors never fail to remark on the personal qualities of the boys who guide them around our beautiful campus."