Our welcoming Breakfast Club provides a healthy start to the day, whereas the busy After School facility provides a light tea, homework supervision (Upper Prep), and a variety of age appropriate activities and games.
Wrap Around Care is designed to provide a helping hand for busy parents, by caring for children for a period before the School day begins and up until 18:00, and is available to all children attending Fairfield and Amherst Prep Schools.
The service is complimentary in the Kindergarten, with daily fees applying for older children, payable at the end of term. Places are pre-registered in advance, with Registration Forms available from the School Office or directly from Mrs Willingham.
Hours: 07:45 – 08:30
Location: The Dining Hall
- Children are registered from 07:45, where they are supervised by the Breakfast Club Supervisor.
- The children are provided with a nutritious breakfast, and they will also have the opportunity to socialise and play with their peers.
- All children remain in the Dining Hall until 08:30, after which they are supervised by a duty member of the Fairfield staff on the playgrounds.
- At 08:30 the Reception children are escorted to their respective classrooms by a Breakfast Club Supervisor.
- The older children also remain in the Dining Hall until 08:30, which they are supervised by a duty member of the Fairfield staff on the playground.
After School Club
Hours: The end of the School day to 18:00
Location: The Dining Hall
The Dining Hall is the assembly point for the commencement of the After School Club.
- The club provides a safe and enriching environment for the children to access a variety of activities at the end of their School day.
- Any child not collected at the end of the School day will be accompanied to the After School Club and After School charges then apply.
- Reception children are taken to the Dining Hall at 15:30 by a member of staff.
- Year 1 and 2 children are taken to the Dining Hall at 15:40 by a member of staff.
- Years 3 – 6 will make their own way to the club at 15:40.
- A light tea is served for the children from 15:30.
- On completion of extra-curricular activities at 17:00, children can join the After School Club subject to availability and notice.
- Homework supervision is provided for Upper Prep children from 16:15 – 17:00.
- Parents must sign their children out of the Club when they are collected, in the presence of an After School Club Supervisor.
- Parents are asked to advise the After School Club Manager of the collection arrangements for their child if they are not able to do so themselves.
All children must be collected no later than 18:00. In the case of an emergency, we will endeavour to accommodate the requirements of parents, subject to availability.
Extra sessions can be booked when needed, subject to availability but sessions cannot be exchanged. We do request a half-term’s notice in order to cancel sessions.