No matter how much you give, or what you give to, we value your support and care about your experience of donating to the Loughborough Schools Foundation.
That’s why we hold ourselves to the following promises.
- Ensure that a gift is used in accordance with a donor’s wishes. If for any reason this is not possible, we will consult with the donor or their representative.
- Fundraise only for purposes that are of strategic importance to our mission of changing lives through education
- Always comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice as issued by the Fundraising Regulator
- Promptly acknowledge every donation
- Tell donors about the impact of their gift
- Recognise donors appropriately and respect the wishes of those who wish to be anonymous
- Keep records of donations safe and confidential
- Operate fundraising appeals in a cost-effective manner
- Report fundraising income and expenses accurately in our accounts
- Listen to and take all reasonable donor suggestions on board
- Respond promptly to donor questions and complaints
We will not:
- Deliberately mislead or confuse donors or those thinking about donating
- Bombard individuals with excessive requests to donate
- Pressurise donors or those thinking about donating to give
- Accept donations for purposes that don’t advance our mission
- Accept donations where we identify a potential conflict of interest with the donor
- Communicate with donors in ways which they tell us are unacceptable
- Solicit donations from individuals who have asked us not to do so
- Sell or trade information about donors to third parties
- Pay commissions or other income-linked payments to fundraisers
Loughborough Schools Foundation judges each donation individually and in accordance with our ethical guidelines. A gift may be declined if the Foundation deems that:
- Such a gift would harm the reputation of Loughborough Schools Foundation and the Schools.
- The proposed gift conflicts with the mission and values of the Foundation.
- There is credible evidence that the gift will be made from a source that arises in whole or in part from illegal activity.
- The gift would require action that is illegal.
- The gift would damage the Foundation’s relationship with other donors, alumni, parents, potential and current students, and staff.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of Our Donor Promise, or other matters concerning development activity at Loughborough Schools Foundation, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.