Loughborough Schools Foundation Development Office Privacy Notice
This privacy notice relates specifically to personal data processed by the Loughborough Schools Foundation Development Office in support of our twin aims to build a vibrant and engaged alumni community and to raise funds to increase accessibility to our Schools.
In the Development Office we work closely with the Loughburians Committee – a committee of alumni, former and current staff who represent the interests of the wider alumni community. The Loughborough Schools Foundation is the Data Controller for all data held by the Development Office.
Please note, this Privacy Notice should be read in conjunction with the Loughborough Schools Foundation Privacy Notice and any other relevant information our Schools provide you with from time to time about how your data is used.
Why we hold your data
The relationships that we have with our alumni, friends and supporters is of great importance to the Loughborough Schools Foundation and as such we hold our responsibility for your privacy and data security to the highest levels of scrutiny. Equally important to us are those who share our charitable aims by donating to us to help secure the futures of our Schools. We owe our very existence to the philanthropy of our founders and we remain a registered charity with public benefit at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that our communications with you are secure and considered. We consider that we have a strong and legitimate interest in maintaining our relationship with alumni, friends and supporters. We work to connect alumni with our current school community encouraging you to return to your Schools, reconnect with your fellow alumni, facilitate careers support and to consider philanthropic giving. We do this whilst respecting your personal privacy choices and reasonable expectations and balancing this with the Schools’ interests.
How we obtain your data
We will have obtained most of the information we hold about you directly from you at the point you left one of our Schools. Some of the more historical information we may have obtained from third parties or publically available sources (e.g. The Old Loughburians Association, The Old Girls Association, The OLCS PPSA, parents, siblings, social media etc.)
We are committed to ensuring that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. When considering your capacity to further our charitable ambitions, we may obtain data about you from other publically available data sources and use it to tailor our approach to you. These sources include (but are not limited to):
- Social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter and other sites where you have invited us to connect)
- Companies House and the Charity Commission (to help us understand your personal and professional commitments – this is undertaken on a person specific basis, and not as routine data matching)
- Media articles
- Organisation websites
All our current Schools’ pupils routinely have their contact details passed onto the Development Office upon joining one of our Schools.
Types of personal data we hold and process may include:
Contact and communications information, such as:
- Your contact details
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
Biographical information, such as:
- Your name, gender and date of birth
- Your family details
- Your IP address – which will be automatically stored if you update your details via our website
- Your relationships with other LSF alumni, donors and friends
- Your professional activities and employment, including work contact details
- Information you have publicly shared on our social media
- Information you have shared with Development Office staff at events or via correspondence
- Your interests
- Photographs taken at events
Financial information, such as:
- Your donation history, including gift amount, purpose, date and method of payment
- Tax status and Gift Aid declaration information
- Details of financial transactions e.g. event tickets purchased
Your educational background and subsequent interactions with the Loughborough Schools Foundation, such as:
- Your education history at the Loughborough Schools Foundation
- Your attendance at events
- Records of conversations and correspondence
- Website activity and interaction with emails we send
- Dietary preferences
- Your clubs and interests during your school years
- Positions of responsibility held during your school years
- Your willingness to support careers and mentoring schemes for alumni and/or current pupils
How we use your Data
We use your data to support a full range of activities for and in relation to our alumni, friends and supporters. These include:
- Providing you with information about our work and our activities. This might include sending you publications, e-newsletters and invitations to events;
- Providing services, including access to facilities on campus (e.g. alumni archive visits);
- Administrative purposes e.g. regarding a donation you have made or an event you have registered for or attended;
- Furthering our charitable objectives, including to help us raise money or by asking you to donate money to the Loughborough Schools Foundation, but always in accordance with our ‘Donor Promise’. For example, we may use the data we hold to understand more about your background and interests so we can target our fundraising efforts more effectively
- Transfer to HM Revenue and Customs in respect of any Gift Aid claims;
- In-house processing of the data to ensure communications are relevant to the recipient (e.g. profiling by year of leaving school or by geographical location); and
- Event photography is used for social media, future marketing and for the alumni magazine.
We will not disclose your data to external organisations other than those acting as agents for us with whom we have data sharing agreements.
Loughborough Schools Foundation does not sell any of the data we hold to third party organisations
How we keep your data secure
We commit to holding your data securely and to treating it with sensitivity. We hold and process all personal data in accordance with data protection law, Loughborough Schools Foundation Privacy Notice and other relevant policies and procedures.
All personal data we hold is stored on a secure cloud based database (‘Access ThankQ CRM’) with access restricted to authorised personnel only.
We consider our relationships with our alumni as lifelong, and will therefore maintain a database record for you indefinitely. However, if you advise us that you no longer wish to remain in touch, we will keep a record of that fact. In such circumstances we will need to keep a sufficient record of your name, year of leaving and your stated preference to ensure that your data is not further used for such processing. But we will not retain any further contact information about you.
You have a right to request copies of the data that we hold about you (please see the Loughborough Schools Foundation Privacy Notice) and to ask us to stop processing your personal data in certain ways (e.g. where it is not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us, such as processing your donation or registering you for an event).
Please email email@example.com to contact the Loughborough Schools Foundation Data Protection Officer with any requests or related enquiries.
Keeping up with changes to this Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will communicate to you any significant changes to this Notice, or to the way we treat your data. Communication will be via our website or by direct contact with you through the most appropriate means.
Document Created December 2019