Woman of the Week
We want to celebrate you; your achievements and we want to inspire other women. Whatever your achievements are in your personal life or career, we want to hear about them.
We want to shout about all the amazing women who have come through our schools, so that we can celebrate you and inspire others.
In particular, we are pleased to be working alongside Yla, who is the current Head Girl at the High School, so that we can also share your stories and inspire the future generations of Loughburians.
From one LHS girl to another
Hello! I’m Yla, Head Girl at Loughborough High School. My initiatives this year have revolved around inspiring our girls to fulfil their potential and to take pride in their achievements, no matter how big or small. This cause is close to my heart, as I would not be where I am without the inspiration from my role models.
My first step in this initiative was asking LHS pupils to send me their proudest achievements, so I could announce them in the end of term awards assemblies. Whether it was joining a new club or winning gold at international competitions, there were achievements of which each person was justifiably proud, and I hope to continue this in the future.
I have also started a project with achievements from LHS Alumnae. I aim each Monday to add a new ‘Woman of the Week’, or ‘LHS WOW’, to fill a board with photos and stories so that current students know that these incredible and inspiring women have walked the same corridors and studied in the same classrooms. I hope that this closer connection will help to show what can be done, and what we are capable of.
I would really appreciate help with this project, so that we can benefit from the knowledge and inspiration provided by people who were High School girls just like us.
Thank you so much,
If you’d like to get involved, please read through the questions below and use these as a guide to write something for us to share with current pupils and alumni.
We want to hear about your time at LHS or OLCS:
- Do you have any standout memories from your time?
- How did your time at school help you personally and with your career?
- Was there a particular teacher that inspired you?
We want to hear about your career:
- What did you do after school e.g. University, gap year or apprenticeship?
- How did the school support you with your above decision?
- Can you explain your career path – how did you get to where you are today?
- What are your career highlights?
We want to hear about you:
- What have you done outside of your career that you are most proud of?
- Do you have any life experiences that standout?
Advice to pupils and alumni:
- What is something that you would want your younger student self to know?
- What is your top career advice?
- Do you have any life advice or wisdom to share?
- Is there anything that you would have done differently?
Please feel free to add anything else that you’d like to share with current pupils and alumni.
Finally, who is your woman of the week – who inspires you?
Please email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org and also share a high quality headshot of yourself.