Places are available in the Sixth Forms of Loughborough Grammar School (boys), Loughborough High School (girls) and Loughborough Amherst School (mixed) for September 2022. The three schools collaborate in their Sixth Form curriculum, and a number of subjects are taught in mixed classes.
How to apply
Please see the School websites where registration can be submitted online. Loughborough Schools Foundation selects students on the basis of merit and aptitude. The assessment procedures comprise three parts:
- GCSE results (or predicted grades)
- An interview (usually with the Head)
- A report from your son’s or daughter’s present school
You should be expecting your son/daughter to achieve:
- at least five grade 6s at GCSE
- (including minimum grade 5s in Maths and English Language)
- grade 7s in the subjects to be studied at A level
- ‘new subjects’ at A Level may have specific entry requirements (e.g. 6 in Science/Maths for Psychology)
An interview gives us an opportunity to discuss current school work and to assess academic potential and personal interests. It is important that our students are willing to take advantage of the great range of opportunities available to them. We therefore look for evidence of – or potential for – self motivation, involvement in extra-curricular activities, a sense of social responsibility and, of course, academic ability.
All applicants for entry into the Sixth Form will be asked to indicate their preferred choice of subjects for study at A Level at the time of their application.
Bursaries are available, and are assessed based on parental income. Although bursaries are usually capped at 50% of fees, larger bursaries up to 100% may be available for those with exceptional GCSE performance.