Our relationship with our alumni, friends and supporters, and our respect for their privacy and data security, is of great importance to the Loughborough Schools Foundation (LSF). Also important to us is philanthropy and the generous support of those people who are committed to our academic mission and our striving for excellence.
This information specifically relates to personal data processed by the Development Office in its work to build a more vibrant, engaged alumni community. The Development Office is the department of LSF that has responsibility for alumni relations, events, and fundraising and charitable giving to the Schools. The Development Office works in close consultation with the Loughburians Committee (made up of alumni, former and current staff) who act to represent the interests of the wider alumni community. All data, however, belong to the Loughborough Schools Foundation.
We consider that LSF has a strong and legitimate interest in maintaining its relationship with alumni, friends and supporters for the benefit of its fundraising and development activity and to help safeguard their future. We also believe it is important to communicate this positive message to those we engage with, while respecting personal privacy choices and considering the Schools’ interests together with your own reasonable expectations.
To this end, the Development Office works in accordance with the Loughborough Schools Foundation Privacy Notice. In addition, the following statement sets out how the Development Office specifically may use your data.
Data Protection Statement
We are committed at every level to making sure that our communications with you are secure and considered. All personal data is held and processed in accordance with Data Protection law, Loughborough Schools Foundation Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy and other relevant policies and procedures.
Any personal data stored in our database is held on a secure cloud based “Access ThankQ” database with access restricted to authorised personnel only. This is always subject to contractual assurances that personal data will be kept securely and only in accordance with the Foundation’s specific directions.
Most information we hold will have been obtained directly from you at the point at which you left the school, but some may have historically come from third parties or publicly available resources (The Old Loughburians Association, The Old Girls Association, The Loughborugh Amherst School PPSA, parents, siblings, LinkedIn, Social Media etc).
Personal data held and processed by the Development Office may include:
Contact and communications information, such as:
- Your contact details, which may include your parental address
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
Biographical information, such as:
- Your name, gender and date of birth
- Your family details
- Your IP address will be automatically stored when updating your details via our website.
- Your relationships with other LSF alumni, donors and friends
- Your professional activities and employment, including work contact details
- Information you have publicly shared on social media
- Information you have shared with Development Office staff at events or via correspondence
- Your interests and extra-curricular activities
- Photographs taken at events
Financial information, such as:
- Your donation history, including gift amount, purpose, date, method of payment, cheque numbers or other payment references
- Tax status and Gift Aid declaration information
- Details of financial transactions e.g. event tickets purchased
Your educational background and subsequent interactions with the Loughborough Schools Foundation
- Your education history at the Loughborough Schools Foundation
- Your attendance at events
- Records of conversations and correspondence
- Website activity and interaction with emails we send
- Dietary preferences
- Your clubs and interests during your school years
- Positions of responsibility held during your school years
- Your willingness to support careers and mentoring schemes for alumni and/or current pupils
All current pupils of the Loughborough Schools Foundation routinely have their contact details passed on to the Development Office upon joining the Foundation.
How the Development Office uses the Data
This data is used by the LSF Development Office to support a full range of activities for and in relation to our alumni, friends and supporters. These include:
- Providing you with information about our work and our activities. This might include sending you publications, e-newsletters and invitations to events;
- Providing services, including access to facilities on campus (e.g. alumni archive visits);
- Administrative purposes e.g. regarding a donation you have made or an event you have registered for or attended;
- Furthering our charitable objectives, including to help us raise money or by asking you to donate money to the Loughborough Schools Foundation, but always in accordance with our ‘Donor Promise’;
- Transfer to HM Revenue and Customs in respect of any Gift Aid claims;
- In-house processing of the data to ensure communications are relevant to the recipient (e.g. profiling by year of leaving school or by geographical location); and
- Event photography is used for social media, future marketing and for the alumni magazine.
Data will not be disclosed to external organisations other than those acting as agents for LSF with whom we have data sharing agreements.
LSF does not sell any of its data to third party organisations
The Development Office commits to holding this data securely, both in its digital systems and in appropriate staff access protocols, and treating it with sensitivity. For more information about your personal data’s security see the Loughborough Schools Foundation Privacy Notice.
The Loughborough Schools Foundation consider their relationships with its alumni as lifelong, and will therefore maintain a database record for you indefinitely. However, if you advise us that you no longer wish to remain in touch, we will keep a record of that fact; we will not retain any further contact information about you.
You have a right to request copies of the data that we hold about you (please see the LSF Privacy Notice) and to ask us to stop processing your personal data in certain ways (where it is not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us, such as processing your donation or registering you for an event). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the LSF Data Protection Officer with any requests or related enquiries. We will however need to keep a sufficient record of your constituent ID, name, date of birth, education details and your stated preference to ensure that your data is not further used for such processing.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any significant changes to this Notice, or to the way we treat your data, will be communicated via the Development Office website or by contacting you directly through the most appropriate means.
Please note that this Privacy Notice should be read in conjunction with the Loughborough Schools Foundation Privacy Notice and any other relevant information the Schools provide you with from time to time about how your data is used.
Document Created May 2018