The Loughborough Schools Foundation is a close-knit family of four, top-performing, Independent Schools and a successful Nursery, sharing a beautiful and leafy campus in the centre of Loughborough. We can offer one educational journey, from our Nursery, taking children from six weeks old, all the way to exam success at eighteen in our three Senior Schools.
Loughborough Grammar School can trace its roots back to 1495 when the endowments and chantrey led to the School’s Foundation within Loughborough Parish Church. In the early 1850s, the School moved into the entrancing Victorian gothic buildings that it occupies today.
Loughborough High School was founded in 1850 and is thought to be one of the oldest grammar schools for girls. Its buildings – a mixture of classical 19th century architecture and more modern structures – create an unusual but pleasing mixture of styles.
Originally founded in 1929 as part of Loughborough High School, Fairfield Prep School became an autonomous school within the Foundation in 1969. The School’s oldest building, Fairfield House, known as The White House, was built in 1823 by a family of influential hosiery manufacturers and later bequeathed to the School. In 2016, impressive new facilities were opened to provide additional new spaces.
Meanwhile, Loughborough Amherst School, was inspired by the vision of Italian nobleman, priest, philosopher and patriot Antonio Rosmini. The ten-acre campus is set around the beautiful Convent building and Chapel. With its original stained glass windows, the Chapel is among the finest Pugin-style buildings in Britain.