The Loughborough Schools Foundation Music department (LSM) supports many local events by providing choirs and musicians with attendant staff free of charge, often in the evenings and weekends. Many of these contributions have been made over periods of 10 to 15 years and, therefore, are an established part of community events.
- Annual opening of Loughborough Fair
- Annual opening of the town’s Christmas programme
- Annual switching on of Loughborough Christmas lights
- Voluntary Service Unit (VSU) Carol service – a special performance of the LHS carol service and tableaux is given for elderly local residents
- LHS and LSFM staff run a Community Choir weekly at the Falcon Centre with homeless and disadvantaged members of the local area
- VSU sing-along followed by afternoon tea for local elderly residents and local schools.
- All Saints Parish Church Christmas Tree Festival
- Local shopping centre charity performance
- Christmas Eve charity performance in the town centre by Loughborough Amherst School’s Choir
- Singing Workshops for the general public in the summer vacation (small charge)
- Chamber Music Recital
- Lunchtime concert at Leicester Cathedral
- Musicians supplied to support National Armed Forces Day activity
- Project 5000 Carol sing-a long
- Public Christmas music concert
LSF runs an established a local choir known as the ‘Loughborough Singers’ which brings together current and former staff, current and former parents, pupils and alumni to sing together for pleasure, and to give public appearances which included a performance by 400 voices of John Rutter’s ‘Magnificat’ at the De Montfort Hall, Leicester.
This year Y8 pupils from LHS supported the Emmanu’EL Apostolic Gospel Academy (EAGA) Choir by inviting them in to talk to the school and sing/drum to raise awareness and funds for the rebuilding of a community centre in Saffron Lane, Leicester.